Some recent studies on library use by the Primary Research Group shows that the more students use the library and library resources, the higher their grade point average. Some other interesting facts from the study:
- Nearly 29% of students say that Google, Yahoo and other major search engine searches were the most important information source for their last research assignment.
- More than 9% of information needed for research papers was sourced from Wikipedia or other wikis.
- The higher the grade point average the less information for research papers was obtained from search engines such as Google or Yahoo.
- The higher a student’s grades the more likely was that student to have visited the library within the past month.
- 9.87% of the students in the sample said that asking the reference librarian a question was a little embarrassing and that consequently they tried to figure it out for themselves, and another 10.38% said that the reference librarians seem busy and that is seems that they would be pestering them by asking them for assistance.
We’re never too busy! Come to the desk, email us, meebo us or phone – we can help you get the information you need for your research.