The library is excited to announce a trial of The Oxford African American Studies Center (AASC) from January 31 through March 2. AASC provides students, scholars and librarians with online access to the finest reference resources in African American studies. AASC features:
- the three-volume Encyclopedia of African American History 1619-1895,
- the three-volume Black Women in America,
- the highly acclaimed Africana, a five-volume history of the African and African American experience,
- content from forthcoming print publications including the African American National Biography project and the Encyclopedia of African American Art and Architecture,
- the Concise Oxford Companion to African American Literature and selected articles from other reference works, and
- bibliographies, interactive timelines and maps, photo essays and image collections, primary source documents, and selected links to Internet resources.
To begin using the AASC Online, visit http://www.oxfordaasc.com. Please note that during the trial period, users can only access the site on campus. Once you’ve tried it, please let us know what you think!