So in our last post we decried the use of Wikipedia for scholarly purposes, but we also know that it’s easy and tempting to use information that is so readily available.
So here’s the alternative!
CREDO Reference has hundreds of authoritative reference sources available online – from dictionaries to encyclopedias to famous quotations – and new sources are added regularly. For instance, the information posted on Wikipedia (or on other websites for that matter) about Jennifer Lopez may or may not be true or verified as factual. For accurate, credible information, start in CREDO.
Here are a few of the newest additions to CREDO’s offerings:
- Icons of American Popular Culture: From P.T. Barnum to Jennifer Lopez
- Modern American Lives: Individuals and Issues in American History since 1945
- Encyclopedia of Nursing Research
- Nursing Leadership
- The International Encyclopedia of Depression
- The Penn Center Guide to Bioethics