While you may be aware of our large collection of print items, the library has slowly been building a collection of books in electronic format. All of these can be read on your computer, and many can be downloaded to an e-reader or tablet. All of these can be found in the library catalog (searchable from the main page of the library website).
Here is a sampling of some titles in our collection:
- Search all of Fitchburg State’s E-Book collections
- Ebsco’s E-Book collection – This has books on many different topics ranging from Computer Science, to Sociology, to Communications Media and English, but also includes over 11,000 titles in a newly acquired Business Collection
- eBrary – These can be read online and contains titles in a number of different subjects.
- CHEMISTRYnetBase – A high-quality collection of many Chemistry titles.
- FORENSICnetBASE/LawENFORCEMENTnetBASE – Forensic science and criminal justice references. Includes techniques in forensic analysis and case studies.
The following collections are in the Public Domain, meaning they are legally free to the general public.
- Million Book Project – A very large collection of public-domain eBooks, provided by Archive.org
- Project Gutenburg – Over 40,000 free and public domain eBooks.
- HathiTrust – From a partnership of academic & research institutions, offering a collection of millions of free titles digitized from libraries around the world.